Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Bright Spot on a Blue Day

In my physically weakened state there are blue days. Often times, when I need a lift in my spirit I go to my granddaughter, Sydney's website and pull up the latest video and photos our son, Derek and daughter-in-law, Ali have posted. It's been a great way to keep us in the loop of Sydney's latest tricks, milestones and tender moments with them during her first year of life despite the miles between us.

Last night, our daughter, Erin pulled up Sydney's website to show some friends of ours who were visiting. To our surprise, there was a new post, a get well video from Sydney to Grandma Terri. Thanks to her thoughtful mom & dad.

I'd have to say, it's gotta be one of my most treasured get well messages I've received through my healing journey with cancer. The song playing in the background is one Erin & I dedicated to Sydney shortly after my cancer diagnosis.

Needless to say, every time I view it, I cry tears of joy. The photos are from the first moment I met Sydney just hours after her birth through a recent visit in May. The ending photo is a recent picture of her I adore - sporting her first bathing suit!

Sydney, you are a blessing from God in my life.
I love you, Cuppycake. XXOO

Proverbs 17:6 - Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged;

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is completely precious! In the midst of our valleys, there is sunshine and hope! Praising God for giving you yours! Love you! Onalee

Unknown said...

That is so precious! Sydney is of course a film star, but I would have to say Grandma Terri and the rest of the cast are also steaming hot! What a precious keepsake!

Love, Deb