Saturday, June 6, 2009

His Grace is Sufficient

Wednesday, June 3rd, Rob & I traveled to Mayo Clinic for my third round of chemo. The week prior I spent many days in bed sleeping most the day away due to increased fatigue. I was a bit discouraged going into this round already feeling so tired and weak. At my appointment, my oncology, nurse practitioner informed me that my red blood cell counts have dropped and I am anemic. That explained part of the reason for the increased fatigue. Now I'm on a mission to increase iron into my diet to combat the anemia.

As my body weakens from the chemotherapy I recognize a deeper meaning of the phrase "My grace is sufficient for you," from II Corinthians 12:9. My faith is being challenged by a greater, deeper dependency on God, on medical professionals, on friends and loved ones to help me. It's very humbling.

Lord Jesus, thank you for enveloping me with Your grace that sees me through each day. Your Holy Spirit upholds me and sustains me in my weakened state of being. Your treasure is in this weak vessel, this jar of clay made strong by Your all-surpassing power that only comes from You and not me. I praise you for Your overflowing and sufficient grace for each new day. In Jesus name, AMEN.

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. II Corinthians 4:7

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. II Corinthians 12:9

No comments: