Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Joy, My Song

Today I was awakened at 5:30 a.m., I drug myself out of bed and met with the Lord. I opened up the ‘Jesus Calling’ devotional and the first Scripture reference was from Exodus 15. I ended up reading all of chapter 15. I felt led to share with you what was laid upon my heart after reading it.

First of all, Exodus 15 is a song of Moses and Miriam. It is a song celebrating God’s victory – lifting hearts and voices outward and upward. After being delivered from great danger, they sang with JOY!

The chapter starts and ends with – “Sing to the Lord for he is highly exalted. The horse and its rider has hurled into the sea.” Let’s sing praises all day today because of the victory we HAVE in Christ. He has overcome. He has hurled the enemy (small e) into the sea.

V9-10
“The enemy boasted, ‘I will pursue, I will overtake them, I will divide the spoils, I will gorge myself on them. I will draw my sword and my hand will destroy them.’
BUT You blew with your breath, and the sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty waters.

JESUS IS VICTORIOUS.

v20-21
Then Miriam, the prophetess, Aaron's sister, took a tambourine in her hand, and all the women followed her, with tambourines and dancing. Miriam sang to them: "Sing to the Lord, for he is highly exalted. The horse and its rider he has hurled into the sea."

Jesus is my joy and my song.

No comments: