Friday, February 6, 2009

Strength & Peace from my Lord Jesus

Psalm 29:11 says: The Lord gives His people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.

That is exactly what the Lord gave me yesterday as Rob & I received the news that I have breast cancer. He is pouring out His grace in abundance for me to have strength and peace at this time. There is no other way to explain it. I know there are many people praying on my behalf. I am so grateful for the numerous friends and family who have already expressed their love, support and encouragement. Oh to be SO blessed. Thank you Lord for pouring out your grace in abundance.

Any ounce of strength and peace I have today or in the coming days,weeks, months are only from Jesus, not of myself. I want that to be made VERY clear. I do not want any "credit" for it. It's not of me. I am weak, broken & fragile many days. Walking around a bit numb and dazed the past few days. I'm dependent upon Christ to carry me through moment by moment. It's really not that different from any other day - it's just that the road ahead is steeper than usual.

Yes, I know the road will be very steep. Much steeper from what I'm use to, but I am not looking too far a head, trying my best to stay in the present. One day at a time. That's enough.

I will walk in confidence of Christ's authority in my life, clasping His strong, mighty hand firmly, while clinging to the promise from Romans 8:28 that "In all things God works for good of those who love him and are called according to His purpose."

1 comment:

stay under His wings said...

dear Terri, isaish 43, psalms 91, jeremiah 29:11-13, romans 15:13, are some of the vital promises i had during 1985 and 2001 breast cancers. the Lord is faithful and His promises never fail us. the treatment, especially the chemo is not what human can endure, the radiation is easier from my 2001 experience. only He is the GREATEST PHYSICIAN AND THE HEALER. the TRINITY FAMILY is the best support you can have. i had experienced their love and support in 2001, delivered meals the whole week i had the chemo. even i could eat nor have appetite, but paul and daniel had good meals. the best part in iowa was the trinity family.also, isaiah 61:1--we are planted for displaying His splendor and glory. it is not about me, but only about Him. this is my reminder then and now. TO KNOW HIM AND TO MAKE HIM KNOWN is my motto. hair lost or not, it is ok with His permission and i got two different experiences, His purpose is to expand us through the tough times, to mold us through the purifying fire. a book to read during this journey is ----oswald chamber's "the ultmost for His highest", the message taught me to daily surrender to His will, His ways and His timing. do not be afraid. it will be o.k. your strong faith will survive. THERE IS GREAT VICTORY IN JESUS. stay under His wings, alice chao