Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A New Song in My Heart

Today I am reaping a blessing from the Lord, from Psalm 40:3 where it says, He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

The song He has put in my heart today, I heard for the first time on the radio this morning after dropping my daughter off at school. It's titled, "Can't Take Away," by a new Christian Rock group, Mikeschair. Below are the lyrics to it -

Can't Take Away

All around
All of us
Fear has come
and so we must
Ask ourselves
in who we trust
What we have here
is not enough
So let it ring
in freedom sing

CHORUS
You can take away
Everything that I've been holdin'
You can take away the sun
You can take away
the very air that I've been breathin'
But you CAN'T take away MY GOD!

Rains will come
Winds will blow
But it's not here
I found my hope
My bleeding heart
My weary soul
Is held by One
Who won't let go
So I'll cling
to you my King

CHORUS

A hope that can't be lost
A love that can't be bought
YOU CAN'T TAKE AWAY MY GOD!
Nothin high or low
Nothin you can control
YOU CAN'T TAKE AWAY MY GOD!

CHORUS



As I listen to this song, I'm reminded of the story of Job and his suffering. Yet in his suffering he did not forsake God. Job's testimony displays love for God - for who He is, NOT what he gives.

Job 1:20-22..."The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." In all of this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

Lord, Jesus, thank you for putting this new song in my heart today. No matter what may be taken away, NOTHING can take You away from me. My security is in You alone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praising God for putting that new song in your heart! I've been praying for you all day, my friend and God has heard my plea and answered me. In Him we trust, all else is worthless! Onalee

Joanne said...

Let's sing your new song of praise together my sisters! And this old one too :)
"Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise Him. For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you" Psalm 33:1,4 & 22. No, our hope in Him cannot be taken away!