Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Waiting Patiently

A dear sister in Christ recommended I read Psalm 40:1-3 today. It says:

I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord.

Waiting for God to help us is not easy, but as I read this today I noticed what God promises He will do if we obediently wait upon Him. In verse one, He promises to turn to me and hear my cry. In verse two, He promises to lift me out of the pit and set my feet on a firm place to stand. In verse three, He promises to put a new song in my mouth, one that praises Him so that many will put their trust in Him.

I especially noticed my "job" is to wait - then He acts on my behalf in ways I can not possibly do without Him. Isn't that a beautiful thing? As I wait, that gives me an increased hope in Him plus anticipation of the blessings that will follow. Lord help me to wait patiently.

No comments: