Thursday, March 12, 2009

the beauty of a woman

I remember the first time I walked into Terri's duplex. It was in the evening and a mutual friend had dragged me over to the building. "You two are perfect for each other."
I remember the Bible laying on the floor next to the couch. I remember the white sweatshirt with the postal stamp image of two love birds intertwined.

I remember shortly after dating reading to my girlfriend the words of Solomon, Song of Songs.

"How beautiful you are, my darling!
Oh, how beautiful!
Your eyes are doves."

Oh, the beauty of my wife. Words do not do you justice. Words I cannot share, but with you alone.

And yet, what is the true beauty of a woman?

After 18 years, it is again Solomon's word's, this time from Proverbs 31.

"Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

Oh, the beauty of my wife.
Lover of my youth,I love you all the more today.
(your beloved, Rob)

No comments: