Monday, March 9, 2009

a thankful heart in uncertain times

The headlines scream:
Stock market crash! Jobs lost! Fear of the unknown.
Changes unknown.
Foreclosures! and homeless!
Hunger for food. Hunger for hope.
Cancer!?!?!
The whole world around us, our little corner of the world
in a moment, changes.
Cancer!?!?!
Grieving a loss of what was and the possibility of what may lie ahead.
And yet, we are to be thankful in all these times,
the good times and the bad times.
in sickness and in health.
Fears felt. Fears realized.
Faith in His Word. In all things to rely on Him.
Do I?
To be thankful and grateful in all things.
Am I?
It is well with my soul.
Is it?
It is well with my soul.
Is it?
It is well with my soul.
Can I go on?
Grateful.
Am I?
Thankful.
Am I?
In Him.
(my heart cry....Rob)

No comments: