Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It is Good to be Near God

This afternoon, Rob & I meet with the surgeon and find out the MRI results which will show if the cancer has spread. Dr. Duven will then give us his surgical recommendations for my breast cancer.

This morning, after I read Psalm 36, I was reminded of a worship song titled, Your Love Oh Lord, by Third Day that I've sung many times - the chorus obviously came from Psalm 36:5-7. I began to sing the chorus from this song in the quiet & stillness of my home. Head bowed, eyes closed, head held in my hands, humbly before my Lord.

Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains
Your justice flows like the ocean's tide
I will lift my voice
To worship You, my King
I will find my strength
in the shadow of your wings

Then I repeated it over and over again as the peace of God washed over me.

I am going to sing or hum this chorus all day long, up until my appointment as a way to remain near to God - my refuge in time of need.

Psalm 73:28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made my Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

No comments: