Monday, February 16, 2009

My Hope is in You, Lord

Lord, as we await the call this week from the surgeon for the MRI results that will reveal the extent the cancer has spread I thank you for reminding Rob & I that whatever the outcome of this journey - I have the security of 100% "survivability" because of my eternal relationship with Jesus. I WILL live forever with You. There is no greater security than that. My hope is not in medical science - Yes I'm thankful for it, but that is not where my hope is found, it's in You alone, Lord Jesus. Because of that, I have Your peace that passes all understanding. I do not fear death - pain & suffering, yes - but not death. I WILL live.

This reminds me of the verse my sister-in-law, Rachel told me she is claiming for me during this time, from John 11:4

When he heard this, Jesus replied, "This sickness will not end in death. No it is for God's glory, so that God's Son may be glorified through it."

Lord, thank you for convincing me during this uncertain time that NOTHING will separate me from You - death, nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth nor ANYTHING in ALL creation will separate me from Your love that is in Christ Jesus my Lord.(Romans 8:38-39) In You, Lord my heart rejoices for I trust in Your holy name. Surround me and my family with your unfailing love for our hope is in You - ALONE.
(Psalm 33:21-22)

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I pray God will surround you with His Love and infuse you with faith as you go today and each day!

1 John 5:4 (New Living Translation)
For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith.

Joanne said...

Oh Lord, it hurts so much to see our beloved sister go through this but then I guess you know that kind of pain. Would you tenderly carry our dear friend in your loving arms! Would you be so close to her that she will feel your arms around her? Would you replace the fear with increasing faith? Would you remind all of us of the pain and suffering you went through for us so that we might all love you more deeply and follow you more fervently. Would you take away the dread and replace it with peace as you surely did for your Son in the garden. Would you continually reassure her of your empowering love and that you walk through this Valley of Baca with her and will make it a place of refreshment (something we can’t conceive of now) and that you will lead her from strength to strength. (Psalm 84) We trust you Jesus and lift your name on high!!
“He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart”. Isaiah 40:11a