Monday, February 16, 2009

Tears Mark the Path

What a week. A roller coaster of emotion. A trail of tears marks my path - right into the loving arms of my husband and my Father in heaven numerous times last week.

Last Friday, I received this poem via email from a long time friend and sister in Christ, titled, "Overcomer," written by Michelle Meade. It describes the past week so perfectly.

Overcomer

Lord, you know I'm pushing on
to run this race
I fix my eyes on you
in everything I face
Even when my feelings say it isn't so
your truth that beats inside my heart
won't let me go
With every step of faith
you strengthen me
along every mile of trust
You are remaking me
though a trial of tears
marks the path that I've come
Into your arms
I'll continue to run.

Lord, I pray that you will continue to help me to fix my eyes on You, the author and perfecter of my faith, considering Jesus who endured the cross on my behalf, scorning its shame, so that I will not grow weary or lose heart as I run this "race" with perseverance that is marked out for me. (Hebrews 12:1-3)

No comments: