Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stability in Uncertainty

In my "Jesus Calling" devotional this morning, I read from Exodus 3:13-17 and was comforted by Yahweh, the great "I AM." The One with eternal power. The One who is unchanging. His marvelous attributes do not change like my emotions or circumstances. He is the Rock Eternal. My stability in uncertain times.

Lord, help me to rest in You, Yahweh, the great "I AM." Thank you for your stability and security when things around me seem so uncertain.

Below are two Scriptures that were shared with me from two sisters in Christ in the past 24 hours - Isaiah 26:4 & 33:6, that tie perfectly with what I read this morning.

Isaiah 26:4 - Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock Eternal.
Isaiah 33:6 - He (God) will be the stability for your times...

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love you Terri. I'm with you and praying for you dear sister. Love,
Heather Hanneman