Friday, February 20, 2009

Praising The One I'm Living For

This morning I awakened with the tune from one of Erin's UNI Children's Choir songs that she has sung in years past. The lyrics are from Psalm 118:24

This is the day the Lord has made
let us rejoice be glad in it
Oh this is the day,
this is the day,
the Lord has made.

I kept repeating that in my mind before I drug my tired body out of bed.

Lord, you've given me THIS day to live. You made me to worship You. I don't know what people are praying for me, but my perspective has sure changed within a couple days!

While I was in the kitchen preparing Erin's breakfast, Erin pointed out the beautiful sunrise to me. We both admire sunrises and sunsets. They are a glimpse of Your splendor, Your creation, Your beauty Lord, Jesus.

Give me attentive eyes to see Your goodness, Your glory, Your majesty today. Guard my heart and mind from being apathetic or ungrateful of the ways (big & small) that you bless me.

A little later, as I was getting ready in the bathroom I suddenly hear music blaring from the kitchen. Erin had cranked up my Chris Tomlin CD, "Hello Love" and the song, Sing, Sing, Sing was blasting throughout our house. It was AWESOME! What a great way to start my day - praising and worshipping the One I'm living for!

It reminds me of a Psalm a UNI student I have grown to love shared with me shortly after my diagnosis. Psalm 59:16 - But I will sing of your strength in the morning, I will sing of Your love; You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.

2 comments:

Darci said...

Terri,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Joanne said...

Terri,
As I read your post this morning, I started singing this song (Psalm). That is exactly what you are doing “making known His faithfulness”. Your reward will be great my precious friend, now and forever more!!

Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever:
with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations."

I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever:
I will sing, I will sing.
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever:
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD.
With my mouth will I make known
Thy faithfulness, Thy faithfulness.
With my mouth will I make known
Thy faithfulness to all generations.
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever:
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD.